The Door Supervision learning pack covers in greater detail searching, arrest and emergency procedures, as well civil and criminal legislation. Starting June 2010, candidates wishing to earn their SIA Door Supervisors License are also required to pass the associated Physical Intervention unit (which is not included in this training pack). Please see our Physical Intervention page for more information on this. Below are the units that the training package covers:
Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Roles and objectives of a door supervisor
- Civil and criminal law
- Search procedures
- Powers of arrest
- Drug misuse issues and procedures
- Incident reporting and crime scene preservation
- Understanding licensing law and social responsibility
- Emergency procedures that should be followed by a door supervisor
- Keeping vulnerable people safe
- Queue management and venue capacity responsibilities
Working within the Private Security Industry
- The main characteristics of the private security industry
- Legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Fire procedures in the workplace
- Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Communication skills and customer care
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Principles of conflict management
- Recognising, assessing, and reducing risk in conflict situations
- Communicating in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- Problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Good practice to follow after a conflict situation
Training materials are provided on a USB device and include the following:
- Tutor Notes
- Student Notes
- Lesson plans (see below to download these)
- Powerpoint shows
The materials are priced at £375+vat for the first year, and £200+vat for every year thereafter. You can also purchase them on a quarterly license for £90+vat.
The materials are supplied in an England and Wales version as standard, but a Scottish version is also available. Any changes in legislation will be updated free of charge within the license period. The materials are protected; they cannot be edited in any way. Each training package can be run on up to 10 different computers, but they have to be run direct from the USB. If you wish to run more than one course at one time, more than one license will need to be purchased where a 20% discount will be applied.
Lite Bite Student Books
Lite bites are a unique pocket sized book (A6), providing a summary of the full student notes as an alternative to printing your own. Lite bites are easy to use, give a professional finish and are more cost effective.
- Separated into 4 sections
- 176 pages
- Note/bullet pointed prose
The books are priced at £4.95 each (no vat) plus shipping.
How to Purchase
To purchase SAFE materials or Lite Bites you will need to download and complete our license agreement or order form below. Please return via our order page. A member of the SAFE team will then contact you within 2 working days to complete your purchase. If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us in the office.